Friday, February 25, 2011

Affirmation

So, last week, my husband told me upon waking that, "I almost died last night."  After getting a few details, I learned that he was up for about an hour during the night (typical male response to sickness) with gastrointestinal issues.  We talked about what it could have been and pinpointed it to his lunch at a greasy spoon near his office.  He had an omelette and a hamburger.  Yesterday, I found out my mom has been vomiting for 24 hours while in Aruba.  After talking to her, she said she thought it was food poisoning.  These two episodes have made me feel so happy that I am a vegetarian.  I used to have issues in the middle of the night or nausea after eating a particular dinner.  But, guess what?!  That doesn't happen to me anymore.  I rarely get an upset stomach anymore and if I do, it's because I either consumed dairy or ate unhealthy food.  It feels great to be free of these discomforts!  And, it feels great to not have to worry about spoiled food making me sick, or not knowing how old food is at a restaurant.

1 comment:

  1. I've been anxiously awaiting a new post . . . did you give up? When I first came to your blog, I hadn't scrolled down to see the photo! Cute. :) I hope your hubby hasn't eaten any more hamburgers and omelets (interesting combo) at that greasy spoon. Talk soon.

    ReplyDelete


Here we are!